[Bug?] Trees can be planted on bridges

Report your bugs here.

[Bug?] Trees can be planted on bridges

Postby madetofall » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:51 pm

To continue my experimentation with bridges - I accidentally placed a tree on top of one.
I took out to sea with my bridges and sure enough, you can plant trees on bridges even if they are over water.

I'm currently uncertain of how the salt water will affect the tree's growth. :geek:
Attachments
lugdunon-3.jpg
lugdunon-3.jpg (193.72 KiB) Viewed 10186 times
madetofall

Location: Farming wheat on the KeatonStead just passed the wolves

Re: [Bug?] Trees can be planted on bridges

Postby lugdunon » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:57 pm

You're doing a great job at finding all the little issues, I see :)

I think the best solution to this is to limit the placement of trees (and flowers) to dirt and grass (and maybe snow) layers only. Regardless, I've added it to the 'fix' list!

Cheers,
Chris
lugdunon
Site Admin

Postby madetofall » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:02 pm

madetofall wrote:I'm currently uncertain of how the salt water will affect the tree's growth. :geek:

Update: Trees don't care about salt water - will grow anyway. Now it's a lovely scenic park area!

lugdunon wrote:You're doing a great job at finding all the little issues, I see :)

I think the best solution to this is to limit the placement of trees (and flowers) to dirt and grass (and maybe snow) layers only. Regardless, I've added it to the 'fix' list!

Well, I hopped on to test the replicating bridge thing and just kind of stumbled on these others.
I figure that's how other tools like the old warcraft3 world editor did it, just limiting objects by tile type (using "just" loosely, it's never that simple! lol).
Attachments
lugdunon-3.5.jpg
lugdunon-3.5.jpg (197.12 KiB) Viewed 10183 times
madetofall

Location: Farming wheat on the KeatonStead just passed the wolves

Postby lugdunon » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:48 pm

The functionality is already there (malting barley and crops require a hard surface or tilled earth respectively) so it will just be a matter of adding the proper flag to the item defs.
lugdunon
Site Admin

Return to Bugs