[Bug] Stuck walking in the same place

Report your bugs here.

[Bug] Stuck walking in the same place

Postby gabeux » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:58 pm

Hello there.

This is the most nasty bug I've ran into, yet.
My character randomly get's "stuck". Can't perform any actions, but I can move around, while not being able to use any items or objects, target or attack.
If I disconnect and connect again, it saves the last position I was correctly, but the bug continues.

Killing yourself or asking for someone to kill you works, however, the bug happened inside my fenced area so I can't suicide and no one can kill me.
I think an "unstuck" command is necessary.
gabeux

Re: [Bug] Stuck walking in the same place

Postby lugdunon » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:17 pm

Hiya,

I saw that you had logged this in JIRA as well through the in-game reporting option. Thank you very much for making me aware of this issue.

I am hoping that this issue is the same as others have reported recently. Does your character get 'stuck' moving in one direction when this happens, or is it something altogether different?

I'll add a console command to the upcoming release (should be out tomorrow evening) that will reset your movement state and return you to your home point.

Also, in response to your other JIRA issue regarding the inability to use crafting stations that other party members have placed, the upcoming release will feature an expansion of the access rights feature currently available to containers. Players will be able to additionally set access to fence gates, houses, brew kegs, and crafting stations. There will also be additional access modes for party members, players in your friend's list, and even one for people that possess a certain key that you have crafted.

The default (no key present) access mode will be self only, with the base level key granting free access to everyone.
lugdunon
Site Admin

Postby gabeux » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:18 am

lugdunon wrote:Hiya,

I saw that you had logged this in JIRA as well through the in-game reporting option. Thank you very much for making me aware of this issue.

Oh, I was going to ask you if the bug report feature was working (I've seen so many alphas that don't get this right, haha).
Sorry for being repetitive!

lugdunon wrote:I am hoping that this issue is the same as others have reported recently. Does your character get 'stuck' moving in one direction when this happens, or is it something altogether different?

It's a different issue. The character keeps walking in the same position, not being able to execute any actions.
But it can move around and the server knows the character position correctly. So it's actually stuck in the moving state, not actually stuck in place.

But the character being stuck moving in one direction happens when using WASD movement. To fix it, the player has to press to walk in the direction the character is moving to.

lugdunon wrote:Also, in response to your other JIRA issue regarding the inability to use crafting stations that other party members have placed, the upcoming release will feature an expansion of the access rights feature currently available to containers. Players will be able to additionally set access to fence gates, houses, brew kegs, and crafting stations. There will also be additional access modes for party members, players in your friend's list, and even one for people that possess a certain key that you have crafted.

The default (no key present) access mode will be self only, with the base level key granting free access to everyone.

That sounds great! :D

By the way, I'll focus bug reports and replies about those here on your forums, should be better like this!
gabeux

Postby lugdunon » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:36 pm

The more places the better at the moment. Helps get my attention!

Ah, interesting. I'll dump the current state of the public servers and test locally to see if I can't get to the bottom of this.
lugdunon
Site Admin

Postby gabeux » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:41 pm

Alright! This is the only "game breaking" bug I found on during hours of play, though.
Unfortunately, I couldn't see any patterns on how to reproduce it, nor did my friends. :?
gabeux

Postby lugdunon » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:43 pm

Which character is stuck again?
lugdunon
Site Admin

Postby gabeux » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:57 pm

Gabe.
I can login if you want to check it out. :)
gabeux

Postby lugdunon » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:14 pm

Can't right now. :( I'll take a look at the server dump locally and see what I can see.

Thanks for the offer though!
lugdunon
Site Admin

Postby Brash » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:00 pm

FYI, I got this bug again today (I think a recent update hoped it was gone for good)

As usual, it was fixed using /unstuck command for now (which teleports you back to starting spawn so not the perfect longterm solution...). Relog does NOT fix it.

I have no idea what triggers it EXCEPT it seems to happen more often when there are others on the server, so possibly something with lag? Or is there any way a glitchy macro by someone could do something odd? I am thinking now that it has never happened when I was on an empty server... but I am not 100 percent sure on that.
Brash

Postby lugdunon » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:12 pm

Ah, more data to help me narrow this down. Thanks!

Also, please let me know if the long cooldown issue reappears. I am most anxious to know if my fix made a difference at all.
lugdunon
Site Admin

Next

Return to Bugs