[Bug] Ownership

Report your bugs here.

[Bug] Ownership

Postby Lancifer » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:55 pm

Version: 0.5.12

Description: When one character acquires a house that was built by another character, there appears to be a lack of identification of ownership of said house.

Expected Result: The character that has placed the house is registered as the owner of the house and has the same privileges and security of a character who has built and placed his own house.

Actual Result: When the house is highlighted, there is no information box with the built by/placed by ownership information. In addition to the lack of information box, there is also no "secured" status of the home, allowing all entrance to it.
When a master carpenter, however, makes his home himself, it is automatically locked, will all construction/placement/ownership information in tact. The self-made house is also secured, allowing no one but the owner/carpenter into the home.

Impact: While the chests and benches and such that are within the home are secured by default, overall, the impact of this tends to sway more to the "Hey! What are you doing in my house?" side. However, in the spirit of an MMO, many people will be here to make friends, and sometimes, people will allow certain people access to parts of their inventory for a more "our community" use. While it is possible to work around this by setting the chest you want to share outside of the home, it is more friendly to say "Hey, swing by, it's in the pantry" than "I'll stick it outside".

Suggestion: Unfortunately, I have no idea even where to start on the lack of identification of ownership when the home is transferred from one player to another. As far as the security, perhaps having the houses operate on the same type key system as the chests once the ownership issue is resolved.
"...I don’t want to be an emperor...I don’t want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone...In this world there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone." - Charlie Chaplin
Lancifer

Re: [Bug] Ownership

Postby lugdunon » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:06 am

When I first read this it threw me for a loop given that I KNEW that ownership had no basis on who initially crafted the item.

Turns out you stumbled on a bug that exists with timberframe and limestone houses stemming from both of their item definitions missing some key properties. This has all been fixed and will make it out in the next update.

As a bonus, you'll also be able to move houses (while preserving their interior instances) in the next update as well.
lugdunon
Site Admin

Re: [Bug] Ownership

Postby Lancifer » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:19 am

Thanks! You rock! :)
"...I don’t want to be an emperor...I don’t want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone...In this world there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone." - Charlie Chaplin
Lancifer

Return to Bugs