[Exploit?] Flax Seed Oil

Report your bugs here.

[Exploit?] Flax Seed Oil

Postby Lancifer » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:12 pm

Version: 0.5.12

Description: After collecting sand and making glass and turning the glass into bottles so that I could make some flax seed oil, I figured that I would dip into the vendor to grab a pack of seeds to play with the recipe before going home and grabbing the stack of seeds from my chest and making my full run of flax seed oil. As it turned out, I did not even need to go home. He just kept on selling me the seeds.

Expected Result: Limitation of purchase of a base material for a mass producible recipe.

Actual Result: Since the item is not only a base material for an easily mass produced recipe, but a seed for farming as well, the vendor supply does not seem to run out.

Impact: I noticed that coal is sold in limited quantities and has a recharge time, and I assume (I could be wrong) that this is to keep someone from gathering partial materials and constantly buying from the vendor in order to mass produce. Currently, I can stand in front of the seed vendor and mass produce flax seed oil until I run out of bottles.

Suggestion: If my assumption is correct and mass production via vendor is something that is trying to be avoided in the game, then a limitation on the purchase of flax seeds from the vendor similar to the limitation on coal would be a fix. If my assumption is wrong, no fix needed.
"...I don’t want to be an emperor...I don’t want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone...In this world there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone." - Charlie Chaplin
Lancifer

Re: [Exploit?] Flax Seed Oil

Postby lugdunon » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:09 am

Potatoes and flax seeds vendor slots have now been put on a timer!
lugdunon
Site Admin

Return to Bugs