A nice big list of suggestions!

A nice big list of suggestions!

Postby james2314 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:31 am

Hunger and Thirst system? Theres meat, farming and cooking this would be awesome!
Quality: The quality of metal and skill depends on what quality the tool you make is this effects the selling price and the stats of the weapon. Also repairing tools should be a skill and repairing tools will make the quality a bit lower so 5ql would go to 4.8ql etc. Also quality of structures like better quality makes them degrade slower.

Tools that rust when you have them out in the rain for too long. Just a mini feature!

Temperature? Your clothes can get wet in rain and it makes you cold. Also near campfire will make you warmer but you dont want to get a heatstroke!
Wearing clothes like fur keeps you warm in seasons like winter!

Seasons! To make the game look nice and effect when you can plant stuff like wheat in spring and summer and near end of summer then you cant plant them after that etc.

Merchants players can have to trade with other players!
Transport: Things like horses carts to carry big items over to build you home!

Able to get sick. Things like a cold so you get a bit ill and it effects your stamina etc

Hope you enjoyed reading!
james2314

Re: A nice big list of suggestions!

Postby lugdunon » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:08 am

Hey there!

A hunger / thirst system may go in eventually, but to be honest this is something I would see as ripe for modding by a third party.

Quality: are you suggesting that the greater your skill in a crafting discipline, the greater the quality of the item? I could see this happening now by merely having a crafted item's assigned durability upon creation being tied to the crafter's skill level.

Tool repair as a skill is something I have pondered implementing. Until this time, repairing is accomplished via a specialized NPC, and there is such a repair vendor in Bibracte's market square.

Temperature would likely be tied to weather / seasons, and they are definitely on the TO-DO (http://wiki.lugdunon.net/w/?title=Feature_Roadmap) list. :)

Player merchants are on the TO-DO list as well.

Illness is an interesting mechanic, and one I had not considered yet. I suppose that various illnesses could be implemented as modifiers. Great idea, and definitely one that I will consider adding!

I did enjoy the reading, and hope that there are more suggestions to come. :)
lugdunon
Site Admin

Postby james2314 » Sat May 10, 2014 12:29 pm

So sorry for my mega late reply!

Well say if you have 5quality it means tool wear away quicker and are less efficient.
As a 100 quality item it will have great durability and very good efficiency.

Not sure if i said but houses should decay.
On multiplayer it should take less time to decay if your online. Being offline for over 2 weeks it will decay/delete.
As for singleplayer it decays normally.

Thanks for reading my suggestions i also hope i have more to come!
james2314

Postby lugdunon » Sat May 10, 2014 10:00 pm

Ah, I gotcha. That quality/durability/efficiency issue could be actually implemented pretty much as things are now, simply by extending things to allow the limiting of these tool properties based on crafter skill level.

Allowing items that have been placed by players to decay is something that I have pondered implementing, but if I ever add it to the core game, it will definitely be something that can be toggled by the server op as I can definitely see strong negatives as well as positives to this feature for varying game types.

As far as weather goes, this next release (0.6.3) will feature support for particle effects, which will make weather visuals something that is within grasp, and bringing us that much closer to a dynamic weather / seasons system.

Thanks so much for the suggestions, I look forward to hear any others that you feel like sharing. :)
lugdunon
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions