Mis-clicks on placement, and what happens after

Mis-clicks on placement, and what happens after

Postby Brash » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:32 pm

Currently whenever I go to place an object, there seems to be about a 30% chance the item will not go on the exact spot I selected, but instead "jump" to a neighboring spot. Sometimes this means it goes to odd places -- I have had chests and workbenches inside a building "jump" to a spot outside the house interior and out in the nothingness, or place itself over another object (a different chest/workbench). This sometimes means you cannot access the item below it, which is a pain if that other chest had your only steel hammer for removing the top object :)

In addition, the stamina requirement for REMOVING a mis-placed item, is often very high. It usually takes me literally 30-40 hits to remove some items. I have had times with an unlucky streak where I had to chip away and remove to place again the same object up to 3 times. My stamina runs out so I eat food, then I get sated, and the item is still not "placed" right which maybe should not be such an aggravating procedure :(

I am not sure the exact solution. I AM trying to go slow and use caution when I place. It just ... JUMPS. Maybe always let a steel sledgehammer remove your own possessions in 3 or at most 10 hits (this gives you a chance to repent if you were only trying to click on an item but had the hammer selected by accident). Or have a "crowbar" tool that pops up and gives you the option pry out or SHOVE/MOVE the item then an arrow key?

Anyway I am still trying to place this durn goldsmith bench and had to wait for my "sated" debuff to wear off before I could try for the 4th time, so figured I would type this out while waiting and see if I am the only one getting this issue :D
Brash

Re: Mis-clicks on placement, and what happens after

Postby lugdunon » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:03 am

This has bugged me from nearly day one, and stems from the fact that placeables are placed according to the tile grid (32x32 pixels by default).

I probably need to come up with some indicator that you are near a tile boundary.
lugdunon
Site Admin

Postby Brash » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:39 am

Maybe also reduce the number of hits an owner needs to do to re-position an item. From 30-plus for my goldsmith desk to maybe 12 max.
(actually it may be amusing next uodate to see how many hits it takes to move a house lol :D )
Brash

Postby lugdunon » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:45 am

I'll make the adjustments :)
lugdunon
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions