Crunchy Pies, Stiff Papers and Pretty Fences

Crunchy Pies, Stiff Papers and Pretty Fences

Postby Lancifer » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:37 pm

After having just recently started the game, I made my first pie yesterday. What I noticed with the making of the pie was I take an empty bucket, hit a cow in the head with it and he gives me milk. When I make the pie, however, my bucket of milk doesn't turn back into an empty bucket, instead it simply vanishes, like I got distracted and instead of pouring the milk out, I just shoved it into the rest of my pie filling and slapped that culinary masterpiece into the oven.
It was the same thing when making paper, crushing my water, bucket and all between the 2 planks and flax fibres.
The milk bucket disappearing I can agree with, because sometimes the residue from milk directly from the belly of a cow can be a bit hard to get out of a wooden container, but it honestly seems to me like the water recipe at least would go empty bucket>water bucket>empty bucket.
I'm not sure how this would make it fit into the pricing formula that you have been working with, unless there was some way to make it ignore the "cost" of the liquid element somehow.
An alternate suggestion to this, if it was possible to ignore the bucket cost, would be to put in a bucket upgrade. A steel bucket, perhaps, that would be reusable, even if the wooden bucket stayed as-is.

Another suggestion that I have in the crafting realm is Wrought Iron Fencing. Not much, but basically, iron versions of the current wooden ones that would add more variety and uniqueness to the individual homesteads.

Edited for horrible typos
"...I don’t want to be an emperor...I don’t want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone...In this world there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone." - Charlie Chaplin
Lancifer

Re: Crunchy Pies, Stiff Papers and Pretty Fences

Postby lugdunon » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:08 am

Made a change today that will allow unconsumed crafting recipe items to undergo a 'transformation' when a result is crafted. This will allow milk and water buckets to be replaced with empty buckets. :)

The ornate fencing will be changing to a white picket fence (with its own gate) as well. Wrought iron is a nice idea though. I'll add it to the list of things to do.
lugdunon
Site Admin

Postby Lancifer » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:11 am

Lancifer wrote:After having just recently started the game, I made my first pie yesterday. What I noticed with the making of the pie was I take an empty bucket, hit a cow in the head with it and he gives me milk. When I make the pie, however, my bucket of milk doesn't turn back into an empty bucket, instead it simply vanishes, like I got distracted and instead of pouring the milk out, I just shoved it into the rest of my pie filling and slapped that culinary masterpiece into the oven.
It was the same thing when making paper, crushing my water, bucket and all between the 2 planks and flax fibres.
The milk bucket disappearing I can agree with, because sometimes the residue from milk directly from the belly of a cow can be a bit hard to get out of a wooden container, but it honestly seems to me like the water recipe at least would go empty bucket>water bucket>empty bucket.
I'm not sure how this would make it fit into the pricing formula that you have been working with, unless there was some way to make it ignore the "cost" of the liquid element somehow.
An alternate suggestion to this, if it was possible to ignore the bucket cost, would be to put in a bucket upgrade. A steel bucket, perhaps, that would be reusable, even if the wooden bucket stayed as-is.

Another suggestion that I have in the crafting realm is Wrought Iron Fencing. Not much, but basically, iron versions of the current wooden ones that would add more variety and uniqueness to the individual homesteads.

Edited for horrible typos

When I was half asleep, propping myself up on a cup of coffee and nothing more when I wrote that, I was going for funny. Now that I am far more awake and coherent, I realize that I probably came across as a snarky, sarcastic little er...bonehead (let's go with that term, since it is safe for all audiences). I do apologize if it did look that way, I guess I was too tired at the time for funny. Great job and thanks!
"...I don’t want to be an emperor...I don’t want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone...In this world there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone." - Charlie Chaplin
Lancifer

Postby lugdunon » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:43 am

I saw the humor there for sure, so no need for apologies there. :)

The thought of crunchy pies on the other hand kind of make me a little nauseous for some reason. :lol:
lugdunon
Site Admin

Postby lugdunon » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:35 pm

I just took delivery of some new art assets this morning. Wrought iron fencing and hedges were included, and are now set to make it into 0.5.13.
lugdunon
Site Admin

Postby Brash » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:59 pm

I think the hedge, white picket and wrought iron fences are all going to look really sweet ingame :D
Brash

Postby lugdunon » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:19 pm

I'll post a screenshot of them in tonight's update post.
lugdunon
Site Admin

Postby Brash » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:31 am

Nice, just found the update screenshot!!

I foresee some players making some elaborate maze-gardens and other fun stuff, with that new hedge :

I can't decide which is my favorite .... I think it has to be the white picket.
Brash

Postby Rices » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Brash wrote:Nice, just found the update screenshot!!

I foresee some players making some elaborate maze-gardens and other fun stuff, with that new hedge :

if the Teleports stillhappening ist would even be a funny labyrint ^^
Rices

Return to Suggestions