Cache of local resources

Cache of local resources

Postby scj643 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:04 am

The stand alone client should cache the resource files until it is closed. This way when the user is using single player or is hosting a local server they download the files once and don't have to call back to the main server again. Also keeping a version number and an option to clear this cache would allow it to stay even when the client is closed allowing even faster load times. I find that the load times of the resources is somewhat slow where i live so this would help people that are limited in bandwith or have a data cap. Also it would make less unnecessary downloads of files for the user.
scj643

Re: Cache of local resources

Postby lugdunon » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:32 pm

Hmm this should be occurring for you already for the bulk of the assets (the main exception being composited sprites, which is likely going to change for the better in the near future with the webgl rendering implementation), provided that the server hasn't updated any assets in the meantime.

Are you not seeing any improvements after the initial load? Which segments are taking an overly long time?

Keeping the load times at a minimum is a priority for sure, hopefully I will be able to improve them somewhat.
lugdunon
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions