(0.6.2) Status for Wednesday, March 12, 2014

(0.6.2) Status for Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Postby lugdunon » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:49 pm

Standalone Clients!

Just thought I would pop in and let everyone know what is going on. For the past week or so I have been working at getting a standalone client together so that you'll be able to play independently of your browser, and also be able to launch and configure single player and multiplayer server instances from within the client.

Here is what has been accomplished so far:
  • Client is based on the Java wrapper for Chromium Embedded Framework.
  • Client requires 64-bit Java 7 or above.
  • Development target build on MacOS is complete.
  • Development target build on Windows is complete, with the exception of launching single player games.
  • Development target build on Linux is complete, with the exception of launching single player games.
  • Added new property list UI control, for configuring standalone server config. This option appears at the top of the settings menu in standalone mode.
  • Guest accounts proceed directly to server selection screen. Regular accounts are greeted with a single / multi player menu. Selecting MP will take you the server selection screen, SP will take you to:
  • Added a single player selection screen. Players can currently play existing campaigns, and delete existing campaigns. Selecting a campaign to play will launch a server instance (bound to 127.0.0.1) in a separate process. Once the server instance is up, the client will automatically connect the player.
  • Data is written to a directory in the user's home (~/Library/Application Support/CineraLLC/Lugdunon on MacOS, ~/AppData/Local/CineraLLC/Lugdunon on Windows, ~/AppData/CineraLLC/Lugdunon on Linux).

Sitll to do:
  • Add ability to create and configure new single player campaigns from a list of world generators.
  • Add ability to edit existing single player campaigns from a list of world generators.
  • Add ability to run and administrate multiplayer servers.
  • Add hooks to allow screen resizing and full screen mode.

Hopefully I'll have a set of preview builds up here soon. If you are interested in testing a build for a given environment, please let me know and I'll get you a build!

Cheers,
Chris
lugdunon
Site Admin

Re: (0.6.2) Status for Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Postby jafty » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:50 pm

Sounds great! Good luck developing this build.
jafty

Return to Updates