Where do people play?

Where do people play?

Postby jcwilk » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:11 pm

So do people tend to play locally and on their own private servers mainly? I surfed around a bit and saw the player made lugdunoncity site but didn't see any mention of servers to connect to aside from the NL and US servers which seem to kind of be example servers since the world seems to be very small.

Do people ever play on those example servers? Seems to be 0 players playing every time I've checked... Could be fun to try to build some player buildings up north of the zombie area (on the us server), it looks pretty open up there. Just trying to decide if I want to bother getting my skills up quite yet :P

Also, Is there a way to have open pvp enabled on a custom server without any of the ownership features enabled? (the stuff that prevents stealing, etc)
jcwilk

Re: Where do people play?

Postby lugdunon » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:42 pm

Player activity has been a little light the last couple of months. It is generally split between the two example worlds and private servers.

I am hoping that the upcoming public server listing feature will help allow players to connect to various player-run servers.

Open PVP is pretty much the default at the moment. Players can 'team' up however by using the party system (works similarly to classic muds / eq / wow / etc).

Ownership can be disabled by setting the 'keyed' flag to false on the items defined in etc/items.json. I should probably add a server-wide flag to blanket disable this though. Will add it to the to-do list. ;)
lugdunon
Site Admin

Postby fstltna » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:04 am

Yes, i run the lugdunoncity site, and used to have a game listing service, but with this new update there will be no more need for it as the built-in game listing service does the same thing. I also have made a extension that lets you charge for access to your game so maybe some people will want to do that and make more content available...
---- https://LugdunonCity.org - portal for the Lugdunon RPG & Lugdunon hosting
---- https://LugdunonCity.org/HostSplash/ - About my Lugdunon hosting
fstltna

Postby jcwilk » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:04 pm

lugdunon wrote:Open PVP is pretty much the default at the moment. Players can 'team' up however by using the party system (works similarly to classic muds / eq / wow / etc).

Ah, cool cool. I'll keep an eye out for such a server then with the coming server list feature and will feel out the balances in the interim on the example servers. Crossing my fingers that a "favorite" server emerges so we can get some forum shittalking going :P Not sure yet how building and killing and all that will work yet with the training wheel settings off but should be interesting!
jcwilk

Postby lugdunon » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:09 pm

Yeah, one of the things that most excites me about developing a game like this is watching how the players adapt to the game mechanics and interact with each other.

Adding the ownership toggle will have the potential to create some serious chaos on servers that disable it. ;)
lugdunon
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion