Harvesting problem

Harvesting problem

Postby Korikabu » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:17 am

Hello !

First of all, I'd like to say that I love Lugdunon. I didn't even know about it until recently. Someone posted about it on reddit and I instantly made and upgraded my account. :)

Now about my harvesting issue. I reported it on the JIRA but now I'm wondering whether it's really a bug or just me not understanding how it really works.

I made a stone scythe and I haven't been able to harvest anything with it.
I have tried to use it on all kinds of mature crops, either owned by the server, another player, or even me, it won't work. All it does is use up the scythes durability.
The crops don't show a health bar when acted upon.

Am I forgetting an essential step here ?

[Edit] : It just randomly started working on my own crops... I swear I didn't change anything, and the crops were mature the several previous times I tried ! :O
Korikabu

Re: Harvesting problem

Postby lugdunon » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:38 am

Hi there!

Thank you for your purchase! I am glad that you are finding Lugdunon enjoyable.

Also thanks for the JIRA report, and this follow up post. This is a new one on me as I haven't encountered the inability to harvest your own mature crops. Ownership though, is a concept that exists in Lugdunon, meaning that you will be unable to harvest crops that you did not plant. The same goes with other interactive items that have been placed by other players and have not been keyed to allow others to access them.

I will test this later today however and see if I can't reproduce your circumstances.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Chris
lugdunon
Site Admin

Postby Korikabu » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:15 pm

"Finding Lugdunum enjoyable" is an understatement. I'm having a blast ! The thing I enjoy the most is being able to make my own house, which I did.

Here's a quick follow-up on my bug report.

I tried harvesting again, and it seems that I am only able to harvest crops that I planted. I can't harvest anything from the fields around the spawn area and, if it's intended this way (i.e. not being able to gather things placed by the admin / GM, not players), it is kind of confusing for new players.

I can harvest my own personal fields without any issue, so I guess my bug report isn't valid.

[Edit] : Just bought the game a second time for my best friend. Keep up the awesome work, I'm spreading the word around ! ;)
Korikabu

Postby lugdunon » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:29 pm

That is wonderful to hear, thank you. :)

You have pointed out a something that is indeed a cause of confusion: GM placed crops are un-harvestable, yet show no indication of this in the tooltip (although they do indicate this by not showing a health / durability bar). I'll rectify this for 0.7.1!

Also, here is a little information on the access restriction system for player-placed items: http://www.indiedb.com/games/lugdunon/news/alpha-057a-released. I have never been a big fan of griefing in online games, so I wanted to provide a mechanism to prevent the intentional (or unintentional) destruction of player-made objects. The server can be modded to disable these checks altogether, but I should probably just add a flag for server admins to set if they wish to disable this.

Cheers,
Chris
lugdunon
Site Admin

Return to General Gameplay Help!