Can't get the run.bat to work

Can't get the run.bat to work

Postby Jakobner » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:18 pm

Hey!

Just came across this (what looks to be) awesome game. I immediatly started looking towards setting up my own server but I can't seem to get anything to work. I've yet to see if I've set up my config right as the cmd-prompt for the run.bat just opens and closes instantly. I've managed to printscreen as the bat-file flashes and it says:

"Exception in thread "main" java. lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net.lugdunon.server"

I've tried tinkering with the file but I can't seem to find "net.lugdunon.server" anywhere and, thus, the .bat-file seems to point toward something that doesn't exist.

Please help! :)

Edit: This goes for the standalone client for playing, as well.
Jakobner

Re: Can't get the run.bat to work

Postby lugdunon » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:25 pm

Hi there!

Sorry about that, there was a problem with this release's server package for windows. Thanks for making me aware of it!

if you open your run.bat file and change the following line:

java -cp "./bin:./bin/*" -Dlugdunon.mod.path=./lib/mods -Xmx1024M -Xms256M net.lugdunon.Server

to:

java -cp ".\bin;.\bin\*" -Dlugdunon.mod.path=./lib/mods -Xmx1024M -Xms256M net.lugdunon.Server

You should be good to go. Please let me know if you run into any more issues.

Apologies for the mess up, I'll make sure to fix this in the next update which should be out within the next few days.

Also, regarding the standalone client, try this download (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwH5evq2VMzlUWtDQmtYUkZMQzQ) and see if it works better for you.

Cheers,
Chris
lugdunon
Site Admin

Postby Jakobner » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:22 am

Thanks for the quick reply! :)

The standalone seem to be working perfectly although, the .bat for the server seem to give me the same error as before with some of the characters having changed.
Jakobner

Postby lugdunon » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:05 am

Glad the client is working for you, but that is totally odd about the server. I'll dig around some more on my end and see about getting this rectified for the 0.6.3 release.

Thanks for letting me know the progress so quickly!

Chris
lugdunon
Site Admin

Return to GM and Custom Server Help!