Is there a way to get a blank map?

Is there a way to get a blank map?

Postby kentipede » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:28 pm

Is there a way to have the server create a blank map instead of creating the default map when it's started for the first time? I've been looking through the sever configuration files, but haven't been able to find any settings for this. I'm not sure if this is even possible, but it would make creating my own stuff a lot easier. Any help is greatly appreciated, and sorry if I'm overlooking something obvious.
kentipede

Re: Is there a way to get a blank map?

Postby lugdunon » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:31 pm

Hi there!

Are you looking for a completely blank world from which to start completely fresh, or are you wanting a populated world, but without the towns, quests, etc?

I am currently in the thick of creating a procedural world generator which will accomplish the latter for you automatically, allowing you to set the world size, RNG seed value, and fine grained control of the noise functions and more via the expert mode. I have the bulk of the work already done for the initial pass, I am just finishing up the expert editor and getting procedural generation working for instances (caves, ruins, dungeons, etc).

Hopefully the release containing the new procedural generation stuff will be out within the next couple of weeks.

Here are two screenshots of the terrain and biome preview window that is available when generating a procedural world.

terrain.png
Terrain Layer Preview
terrain.png (97.74 KiB) Viewed 11563 times

biomes.png
Biomes Preview
biomes.png (105.84 KiB) Viewed 11563 times

If instead, you would like to start with a completely fresh and featureless world, let me know the size (must be a power of two) and I'll shoot you a world archive to get you started.

I hope this has helped answer your question.

Cheers,
Chris
lugdunon
Site Admin

Postby kentipede » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:16 am

Awesome! Either one of those will work. I'll probably just wait for procedural generation. Thanks for the reply, and this amazing game :D .
kentipede

Postby lugdunon » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:37 pm

Thanks so much for the kind words! :)

I'll do my best to get this release out as soon as possible.
lugdunon
Site Admin

Return to GM and Custom Server Help!