Bats & Rats

Bats & Rats

Postby Brash » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:10 pm

I suggest VERY low level bats & rats random-roaming in the crypt, so that fresh rolled characters cannot farm the crypt scribe desks & three unguarded shrines for spell resources and easy EXP.

THEY SHOULD NOT BE HARD, kind of like aggressive chickens, just mean that at least a simple weapon and a piece of armor are of use going into the crypt.

Likewise I would put maybe ONE rat and ONE bat into the public mine, something newbie players can maybe outrun / avoid very easy but just to keep them on their toes in the public mine.
Unlike the crypt, they should not have to do any combat to mine but one bat and one rat SLOWLY roaming around on a random track will mean they keep their eyes open :p
Brash

Re: Bats & Rats

Postby lugdunon » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:55 pm

Great idea! I'll get with my artist on it.

There will a new type of animal making an appearance in the next release, which should be out tomorrow. I'll remain light on the details though so that you can discover it on your own. :)
lugdunon
Site Admin

Postby Brash » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:23 pm

Ok now I am excited to see what it is ^_^

Is this the

Release Notes:
Added some super secret stuff.

I bet it is a yeti up in the top of the snow area \o/ what do I get if I guessed right?

*** Could also be spiders instead of bats and rats -- depends what is easiest to draw I guess :D
Spiders would have the chance to drop silk as well as meat and poison sacs, which might be useful in crafting.
Last edited by Brash on Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brash

Postby lugdunon » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:36 pm

It is indeed the 'super secret' stuff, but alas it is not a yeti ;)
lugdunon
Site Admin

Postby Brash » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:36 pm

"Not yet a yeti"
Brash

Postby lugdunon » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:51 pm

:lol:
lugdunon
Site Admin

Postby Brash » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:00 am

Actually, re: the bats -- what if they don't do "health" damage maybe, but instead "stamina" damage (leech energy). This might make them a more interesting addition to areas like public mines, as they would not "kill" newer players but instead frustrate their ability to mine (as I am sure stamina is what young miners are always short of). Also makes them interesting in crypt as a stamina leech may be more worrisome to a "mage character" or a warrior in steel plate armor, than health dsamage.

Other interesting enemies -- I am just going to call them all "imps" for now as you can get one creature "recolored" for different purposes ^_^ (slimes would also work here)

1) shadow imps/slimes (black) -- cause 10 seconds of blindness to player if they touch you

2) Dust imps/slimes (brown) -- cause 10 seconds of confusion (player runs in circles and loses control)

3) Fire imps (orange) -- immune to fire damage spells but 2X vulnerable to water spells

4) water imps/slimes (blue) -- same as above but reversed

5) green imp/slime -- poison blah blah blah. Very slow damage over time.

6) purple -- actually heals players (or clears negative buffs) or a random haste buff -- so players do NOT want to attack these!!

white "ghost" (just a recolored zombie with a lot of alpha to it, so it is semi transparent) -- (maybe it randomly goes invisible for a short period of time, also goes through walls)
Brash

Postby lugdunon » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:42 pm

These are all great ideas. I'll have to make some of them a reality. ;)
lugdunon
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions