System Requirements

Post here for questions related to the Windows, Linux, and MacOS standalone clients.

System Requirements

Postby sprue » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:20 pm

This game looks fabulous and I'd love to buy it but I wanted to know what you recommend for minimum system requirements for it to run smoothly. I'm on a little netbook right now but I'm thinking of upgrading.
sprue

Re: System Requirements

Postby lugdunon » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:14 pm

You need at least 2gb RAM to run a single player instance using the standalone client.
A 64-bit OS and 64-bit Java 7 or higher is also required.

Apart from that, I would suggest downloading the client and giving it a shot playing on a multiplayer server.

Hope this helps, and I'll work on formalizing some proper minimum system requirements in the future. ;)

Cheers,
Chris
lugdunon
Site Admin

Postby james2314 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:17 am

Wont run for me on my Windows 8 pc (64bit)
8gb ram
4.2ghz amd processor
1gb graphics card

This is fine right? I just get greeted with a black cmd and a white game window.
james2314

Postby lugdunon » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:10 am

Yep, all of that looks good, and you also clarified via email that you are running 64-bit Java 7.

I'll work on getting another build together for you to test, as I don't have a Win 8 system here.

Hopefully we'll get this sorted for you soon.

Cheers,
Chris
lugdunon
Site Admin

Postby Millan » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:17 pm

Because you are not using an installer, Windows 8.X sees the files as downloaded/concerns and you have to unblock every file before they can properly run.

This is a huge challenge, but can be easily overcome until there is a proper installer.

What you have to do is download Microsoft's SysInternals Suite. You can download it at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb842062.aspx.

Then, you want to use a command prompt and go to your Lugdunon folder and type c:\<path to SysInternals>\streams.exe -s -d *.*

This will remove the blocks on all the files so that you do not have to do them one at a time.

Run the game again.
Millan

Postby lugdunon » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:50 pm

Millan,

Thanks for the heads up, getting an 'official' installer for windows and macos has been on my to-do list for a bit. I'll do my best to get this sorted for the 0.7.1 release.

Chris
lugdunon
Site Admin

Return to Standalone Client Help