Web Based Server admin

Web Based Server admin

Postby cloned » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:30 pm

Wasn't really sure where to put this.
Right now its more of a working concept that I wanted for myself but if I see interest I can continue to develop onto it. I wanted it because I wanted to edit resources without having to launch the client.

Because I am a web dev with PHP being my strong language server side and strong JS skills I have started development on more of a web based administration tool. There is no Database except for the JSON files that the tool reads/writes.

Features:
- Resource editing and adding (Items, Quests, NPCs, etc..)
- Server Configuration Modification
- Server Maintenance : Start, Stop, Server Console. (Although this is more of a long term goal)

Item List

Item Add

It runs in Apache on both Windows and Linux.

I'll provide source after more gets done if there is interest shown.
cloned

Re: Web Based Server admin

Postby lugdunon » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:15 am

Wow that's pretty awesome, I am really excited to see where you go with this!

A few things to consider, that might make things easier (and I am open to suggestions from you on how to handle some of this as well):

• There is a REST API system in place now that will allow modders to expose various aspects of the game state, using the standard REST verbs and conventions. As of 0.5.8 you can query a player's achievement and stored metrics data. If there is a specific subset of the game state that you would like access to via REST, let me know and I can add it or point you in the direction to add it in yourself. ;)
  • This is currently undocumented, but there is an API (net.lugdunon.command.core.IManagementInvokedCommand) in place to allow the calling of certain commands (/save and /shutdown at the moment) via a URL from the machine that the server is running on. Using this feature you can shutdown your server without having to login by hitting the following url http://{your_server}:41976/management/CORE.COMMAND.SHUTDOWN?mode=now This feature will likely be rolled into the above REST API implementation at some point in the future.

Also, your images are resulting in an access denied response from Amazon. :(
You should be able to upload the image directly to the forum via the attachment feature (providing I got it all set up correctly).
lugdunon
Site Admin

Re: Web Based Server admin

Postby cloned » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:26 am

Cool. Server admin should be a cinch then.

Stupid amazon. I'll upload better screenshots later anyway.
cloned

Return to Ideas